This website is owned and operated by Plinius. When we say ‘Plinius’ we mean the website operated by or on behalf of Plinius.
We may amend the Terms & Conditions from time to time. Please read these Terms & Conditions and check back often. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms & Conditions then you must immediately stop using this website. Whichever way you access the Plinius site, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- REGISTRATION There are areas of the Plinius site that require registration and creating an account with us. Registration involves providing a username, password and other identifiable information. You agree to keep your password secure and to ensure that only you can access your account.
By registering on the Plinius site you are agreeing to keep your password confidential and are solely responsible for all activities resulting from the use of you. You will not aid an unregistered use to gain access to a registered area of the Plinius site and will not create an account for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Plinius site. You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware any unauthorized use of your password or account identifiers by others.
- All memberships are rolling subscriptions and will be auto renewed unless you pause or cancel via the My Account area.
- TERMINATION OF REGISTRATION If you wish to terminate your account with Plinius, you may do so at any time from within your account. If you need instructions on how to do this, you can contact us on email@example.com. Please note we are unable to cancel on your behalf.
- If you no longer accept these Terms & Conditions, or any future modification to thesef you no longer accept these Terms & Conditions, or any future modification to these Terms & Conditions, you must cease using the Plinius site. Continued use of the Plinius site indicates your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
If we believe that you have violated the terms of these Terms & Conditions we may cancel your access to the registration areas of the Plinius site immediately and without prior notice.
- ONLINE-ONLY SUBSCRIPTIONS By placing your order for a subscription you agree that we may start your subscription immediately upon our accepting your order. This means that you are not entitled to a refund if you change your mind after we have provided you with access to your subscription and you have logged-in and accessed the members-only content and features. You may notify us of your intention to cancel at any time, but the cancellation will only take effect at the end of your then current subscription period
2. CONTENT & USE OF MATERIAL Content on the Plinius site is available for your personal and non-commercial use only. By using the Plinius site you acknowledge that Plinius is the sole owner of all content, including without limitations, all copyrights, patents, trademarks, logos and other intellectual property rights, including text, images, graphics, logos, audio, video and other material appearing on the Plinius site. The Plinius site and the content herein are protected by the copyright laws and other intellectual property laws of the United Kingdom.
If you wish to use our content other than as permitted by these Terms & Conditions, and for all other inquiries about distribution or reproduction of the materials, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY To the extent permissible by law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement found in the Plinius site. For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to content on the Plinius site. We also do not accept responsibility for the content found in links to other sites from the Plinius site.
We do not give warranties of any nature concerning the Plinius site or the Plinius content. In particular, we do not warrant that the Plinius site or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
Although we will strive to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the Plinius site, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
4. CHANGES TO TERMS & CONDITIONS Please note that we may change these Terms & Conditions periodically at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to do so without your consent. Any revised Terms & Conditions will be applicable at the time it is published on the Plinius site. Please review these Terms & Conditions regularly as you will be regarded as having accepted a variation if you continue to use the Plinius site after it has been published.
5. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
7. NO WAIVER Our failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of these terms of service shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right of Plinius.
8. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS Visitors to the Plinius site agree that their use of the Plinius site is at their own sole risk. The Plinius site is provided “as is” and “as available”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied including but not limited to any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, appropriateness, reliability, timeliness, or usefulness of the content of the Plinius site; and any warranties of title, warranty of non-infringement, or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose
Plinius also makes no representations and warranties as to any linked sites and Plinius has no liability or responsibility with respect to your use of such sites.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injuries caused by the Plinius site, including, without limitation, those damages or injuries occurring as a result of any error, omission, deletion, or defect in the content available on the Plinius site; or any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of records, information or data, unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of records, information or data, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence, defamation, or any other cause of action.
Plinius does not warrant or guarantee that access to the Plinius site will be uninterrupted or error-free.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, IN NO EVENT WILL PLINIUS OR ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, EXPENSE OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (“LOSS”) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE PLINIUS SITE, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION): (i) DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS AND OTHER PROFITS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, COST OF REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE OR LOSS OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF USE OF DATA, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF CUSTOMERS, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION, LOSS OF CAPITAL, DOWNTIME COSTS, LOSS UNDER OR IN RELATION TO ANY OTHER CONTRACT, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS OR BENEFITS; (ii) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS; OR (iii) ANY LOSS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE PLINIUS SITE. THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN THIS SECTION 12 APPLIES EVEN IF PLINIUS SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS.
BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PARTICULAR KINDS OF LOSS, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, PLINIUS’ LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (THEREBY MINIMIZING PLINIUS’ LIABILITY TO YOU TO THE LOWEST AMOUNT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PERMITS).