331-year-old villa in a UNESCO World Heritage site
Villa Palazzetta dates back to the 1600s, overlooking the famous hill town of Montalcino. It has a stunning panoramic view of Val d'Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in southern Tuscany. Montalcino is best known for producing Italy’s renowned Brunello. There are 263 Brunello vineyards within a 5-mile radius of the historic city center.
The villa has been lovingly restored into a contemporary, refined and comfortable house, with the best Italian design furniture and custom local artifacts. A home with all its authentic historic charm, but with improvements that facilitate modern living, an open-plan kitchen and dining room design with effortless access to outdoor spaces. The bedroom suites upstairs feel as luxurious as a 5-star hotel. Outside you find a (heated) pool and surrounding gardens overlooking Montalcino, and the Val d'Orcia. There is a grill and pizza-oven, outdoor dining and seating area as well as a sunset terrace with a spectacular view. The villa is located on a five acre gated property - ensuring a complete privacy - with a small vineyard and an olive and fruit orchard.
The building has been equipped with an air conditioning system powered by a high efficiency air / water heat pump (with heat recovery) designed for both the summer cooling of the building and its winter heating, as well as the production of hot water for hygienic-sanitary uses, as well as for the heating of the swimming pool in the months of the tail of the summer season. In the colder months of the year, the heat pump system is supplemented by a condensing methane gas boiler.
Inside the floors of the house is installed a radiant floor panel system used both for heating in winter and for summer cooling, integrated in the winter season with radiators installed inside the bathrooms. In addition, fan-coils integrate summer cooling and dehumidification. Each of the bedrooms on the first floor and the living area on the ground floor are independently controlled by means of wall-mounted touch-screen panels that manage both the floor radiant system and the fan-coils.
The production of domestic hot water is carried out primarily via a system of solar thermal panels, which when needed are integrated both by the heat pump and the boiler.An automatic air exchange system is also installed, with high efficiency energy recovery, which allows you to live the building even without opening the windows.
The swimming pool has a retractable cover for security reasons but this also maintains the quality of the water, and in terms of sustainability its use reduces both water and chlorine consumption.
Montalcino is a superstar wine region. Wine lovers come to taste the world’s most famed 100% Sangiovese red wines, the oak-aged Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, and its earlier-bottled, no-oak-needed sibling Rosso di Montalcino DOC. Montalcino’s name derives from Monte Leccio (‘holm oak hill’) The area’s outstanding natural beauty is matched by its timeless architecture, from breathtaking fortresses and walled castles via pink- or white-coloured country villas to small farmsteads with open-hearthed fires. Aesthetically, all must (by law) respect tradition, even down to the exact colour and shape of window shutters and roof tiles.
* The site: The way the house relates to the site is not something you can design or make, it’s serendipitous. The building wouldn’t be the same without the place and the place wouldn’t be the same without the building.
* Sustainability: Villa Palazzetta's commitment to sustainability is extraordinary. The villa was completely renovated with an aim for high energy performance and with a planet-friendly approach.
* Quality: The attention to detail is of the highest standards, from the material used for the renovation, to the bedlinen and interior design as well as the up-keep of the property. Excellence!
* The location: It is the perfect combination of being surrounded by nature and incredible views but at the same time the villa is only a 7-minute easy walk away from the historic city center of Montalcino with its shops, fine restaurants and historic buildings.
* Photography: Throughout the house you find stunning photographs by Edward Riddell.
* Breakfast: Buffet with cold dishes € 20 p.p. (min. 4 pax) or Served with cold and warm dishes € 40 p.p. (min. 4 pax).
* Pool heating: up to 28°C, available from May 21 till September 30. * available at an additional charge
* Extra Cleaning / Linen Change or ironing service, upon request €20/hr.
* Extra Laundry € 20/bag
* Chef/Cook: 4-course meal (wine excluded) € 80 / € 120 p.p. according to type of menu (min. 4 pax)
* Pizza evening is € 400 (food inclusive).
* Cooking Classes: 2 persons €190 p.p. - 3 to 4 persons €160 p.p. - 5 to 6 persons €130 p.p.
* Wine tasting "At home": Wine tasting with Sommelier €100 plus cost of wines, decided according to guests preferences. May also be combined with a dinner; cost of Sommelier will be of Euro 200 in this case. Sommelier & Cook would in this case decide the wine-pairing (min. 4 pax).
- Concierge Service by the wonderful British-Italian Lisa Jane
- Water, Gas, Electricity & air conditioning
- Fiber internet
- Daily Cleaning (6 days / Sunday off) from 10-12:30am + Linen change upon request
- Personal Laundry (up to 4 bags per week, returned between 24/48h, ironing NOT included).
- Firewood for wood oven, BBQ & fire pit.
- Grocery shopping: free service. All food and and beverage at cost
- Welcome Gift: One bottle of our house red wine and one can of extra virgin olive oil per every adult couple. Plus: tea, coffee, sugar, milk, butter, yogurt, fresh bread, seasonal fruit, local farm free range eggs.
- 10% Italy VAT tax
*Children under 12 are not accepted without making special arrangements
Rates now include Italy VAT of 10%.
|2023 - 2024||Weekly Rates from||Daily Rates from||MINIMUM STAY|
April 1 - October 28, 2023
December 23 - January 6, 2024
|Euro 15.000||Euro 2.145||7 nights|
March 4 - April 1, 2023
October 28 - December 23, 2023
|Euro 15.000||Euro 2.145||5 nights|